Guilin Travel Guide

Guilin Travel Journeys


A 6-Day Trip of Guilin, Yangshuo, Huangyao Ancient Town and Longji

I took this trip to Guilin with my wife and my parents in late September. We arranged this trip in a relaxing and comfortable style

Five Days in Guilin

I took a five - day trip in Guilin, China with my best friend Jia during the summer vacation. We spent the first two days

Guilin Tours

One Day Private Tour of Guilin Highlight and Ancient Town

Elephant Trunk Hill, Reed Flute Cave & Daxu Ancient Town
8 Hours

One Day Private Tour of Li River Cruise and Yangshuo Village

Li River Cruise, Yangshuo Village Cycling
8 Hours

One Day Private Tour of Longji Rice Terrace & Mountain Village

Longji Rice Terrace,Yao and Zhuang Tribes of Longsheng
8 Hours

Visa & Passport

About 170 countries/regions don’t require a visa for entry to Hong Kong & Macau. Please note that visiting Hong Kong or Macau is considered leaving China. You must obtain a multiple entry visa if you leave Mainland China to visit Hong Kong and Macau with the intention to re-enter the mainland before finally departing from China.

Please refer to these two websites for more information:


Immediately report the loss/theft of passport for the nearest police station, who will issue a proof of loss for you, then take this to your hotel who will add stamped proof of your residency there. Second, go to the nearest embassy or consulate of your home country and apply for a new passport. Finally head to The Public Security Bureau or the local Exit and Entry Administration Bureau for your new Chinese travel visa.

We recommend taking several copies of your passport before your trip and traveling with recently taken passport photos. 

Please note that once your passport is reported lost, it is canceled and no longer valid.

Foreign tourists can extend their visa twice (30 days for each extension), and would therefore be able to stay in China for up to 90 days.


Visit any local Public Security Bureau seven days before the expiration date of your visa. Please be aware that you may not be granted an extension and plan accordingly.

You will need:

  • Valid passport and visa
  • A completed application form for visa extension
  • Evidence to support your extension (you can provide bank statements to show you have funds to continue your trip)
  • To make a payment for the Visa extension fee

We strongly advise not to overstay your visa or fail to apply for an extension before your visa expires as you risk being heavily fined.

The validity of the Chinese visa is 3 months from the issue date. The visa holder may enter China on any date during this allotted time.

You will need to prepare the required documents according to the purpose of your visit to China. For details please see the Chinese Embassy website in your country of residence.

You will need:

  • Passport- With at least six months of remaining validity and blank pages
  • A completed Visa Application Form
  • A recently taken color passport photo

We’d recommend that you submit your application at least one month in advance of your planned date of entry. Please be aware that if you submit an application too late, there may not be enough time for the application to be processed.

You can apply to your local Chinese embassy/consulate, or ask a visa/travel agent for help. Most embassies and consulates do not accept applications by post so you have to visit in person or use a visa/travel agent. Check the websites of Chinese Embassy/Consulate-General in your country of residence.


Or find a visa/travel agency that can help you at

If you’re in the U.S., try

Visiting Tibet requires a special permit.

The costs and the length of time to process a visa vary from country to country. You can check website for the Chinese Embassy in your country of residence to find related information: