How do I apply for my China Tourist (L) Visa?

You can apply to your local Chinese embassy/consulate, or ask a visa/travel agent for help. Most embassies and consulates do not accept applications by post so you have to visit in person or use a visa/travel agent. Check the websites of Chinese Embassy/Consulate-General in your country of residence.


Or find a visa/travel agency that can help you at

If you’re in the U.S., try

Visiting Tibet requires a special permit.